Tube manufacturing simulator
PTMS (Prototype Tube Manufacturing Simulator) is interactive graphical MATLAB application to simulate a tube manufacturing process. The underlying model attempts to predict the tube properties (yield stress, ultimate yield, elongation to failure, hardness), and to estimate the costs (such as material, labor, equipment) at each tube processing stage. PTMS is designed to run on a laptop running 64-bit Windows without MATLAB.
The simulator provides quantitative answers to :
- “What-if” there are changes in:
- Material properties of sheet coil
- Process settings (Ex. Normalization temp. and soak time)
- Process costs
- How to make tubes with acceptable dimensions and material properties while minimizing costs (cost minimization)
- What are the trade-offs: processing costs vs. material properties (multiobjective optimization)
A highly-sanitized presentation is File:PTMS.pdf. Proprietary information (process pictures, process costs) have been redacted.
For questions, comments, and suggestions regarding PTMS, send e-mail to the developer.