ICME:High Pressure Die Casting
- L. Rettberg (UM)
- M. Li (Ford)
- J. Allison (Ford)
- A. Luo (GM)
- X. Shou-Mei (Tsinghua U)
- N. Kulkarni (ORNL)
- J. W. Jones (UM)
- Q. Wang (GM)
- B. Ghaffari (Ford)
- C. Wolverton (NU)
For LCF Information:
- Upload capability for mechanical behavior strain-life fatigue curves, cyclic stress-strain reponse and monotonic stress strain results.
- Upload capability for initiation pore size, average cell size, precipitate morphology and skin thickness - linked with above results.
For solution treatment and age hardening models:
- Upload capability for beta phase dissolution and percipitate size and morphology as a function of solution treatment and age hardening parameters.
From ESPEI within CI.
- Phase fraction calculation from ThermoCalc based on user-defined ThermoCalc database.
- Upload and download capability for IHTC
Indication of provenance of all data above
Glossary of terms and agreed definitions (where does this go?).
- Predicted volume fraction of beta phase vs solidification time (TU)
- Measured diffusion rates of Al and Zn in Mg (from Nagraj)
- Databases of precipitate size vs aging time/temperature (from UofM)
- Algorithm for precipitate size and volume fraction vs aging time and temperature
- Model for YS and strain-life curves
Interactions with CI
- download thermodynamic equilibria, Gibbs energy and diffusion data from CI after the data is available
- Quantitative precipitate characteristics for AZ 91 from UofM
- As-cast microstructure prediction from Tsinghua