- Database for texture and microstructure evolution of AM30 and AZ61
- VPSC Model parameters (Voce and dislocation based hardening laws) for AM30 and AZ61 at different temperatures and strain rates
- Fitting routine for ISV material model and VPSC GUI.
- User material routine for material models (ISV and Barnett’s models).
- FE models of extrusion process (lab-scale and Timminco’s) predicting flow stress, strain, strain rates and temperatures.
More specific task outputs:
- Characterization of texture and microstructure of AM30 and AZ61 alloy based pre-extruded billets and rail components.
- Prediction of texture and microstructure of Extruded AM30 and AZ61 Alloys.
- Calibrated material model (ISV and Barnett’s) and corresponding numerical implementation into FE codes.
- Validated crystal plasticity modeling tools (VPSC) to be coupled with the FE-based HyperXtrude model.
- FE models of the extrusion process (Deform3D and HyperXtrude) predicting flow stress, strain, strain rate and temperature distributions.