|Status||Version 2.12 Available|
|Contact||Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Description: CalculiX is a package designed to solve field problems. The method used is the finite element method.
With CalculiX Finite Element Models can be build, calculated and post-processed. The pre- and post-processor is an interactive 3D-tool using the openGL API. The solver is able to do linear and non-linear calculations. Static, dynamic and thermal solutions are available. Both programs can be used independently. Because the solver makes use of the abaqus input format it is possible to use commercial pre-processors as well. In turn the pre-processor is able to write mesh related data for nastran, abaqus, ansys, code-aster and for the free-cfd codes dolfyn, duns, ISAAC and OpenFOAM. A simple step reader is included. In addition external CAD interfaces like vda_to_fbd are available. The program is designed to run on Unix platforms like Linux and Irix computers but also on MS-Windows.
The CalculiX package was developed by a team of enthusiasts in their raw spare time. They are employees of MTU Aero Engines in Munich, Germany which granted the publication.
To report bugs, problems or to make comments please use the discussion tab above.
To build Calculix from the source code (necessary to use custom UMAT's) on Linux, follow the steps given.
- Get the prerequisite ARPACK
- Download ARPACK, or,
- Unpack the two files
- Edit the makefile "ARmake.inc"
wget http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK/SRC/arpack96.tar.gz wget http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK/SRC/patch.tar.gz
tar xzvf arpack96.tar.gz tar xzvf patch.tar.gz
- Change the
homedirectory to the directory where you extracted ARPACK
- Change the definitions of
SHELLto be simply
sh, respectively, with no paths
- Change the Fortran compiler to your version by changing the
FCvariable. The GCC version of
gfortranworked as of version 5.4.0.
- If you are using
-cg89from the line
FFLAGS = -O -cg89
make libin the command line.
- Download Spooles, or,
- Unpack SPOOLES into a subdirectory
- Change the compiler version in "Make.inc" to your compiler (gcc 5.4.0 worked:
CC = gcc) on the line
- Build the SPOOLES library
mkdir SPOOLES.2.2 mv spooles.2.2.tgz SPOOLES.2.2 cd SPOOLES.2.2 tar xzvf spooles.2.2.tgz
CC = /usr/lang-4.0/bin/cc
- Download the Calculix source code, or on the command line:
- Unpack the compressed source code
- Edit the makefile "Calculix/ccx_#.##/src/Makefile"
bunzip2 ccx_2.12.src.tar.bz2 tar xvf ccx_2.12.src.tar
- Change the variables CC and FC to the same C and Fortran compilers, respectively, used previously
- Change "INTEL" to "SUN4" on the line