ICME 2013 HW4
Revision as of 16:03, 10 December 2013 by Brauer
- Run a multigrain crystal plasticity single finite element simulation.
- Calibrate macroscale BCJ Plasticity Internal State Variable (ISV) model
- Run 1 element finite element calculation.
- Validate Results.
- Follow the guide from homework 3 for a single grain crystal plasticity finite element simulation.
- Alter the inputs for 180 grains with random Euler angles.
- Use the MSU Plasticity-Damage (DMG) model calibration tool to fit a stress-strain curve from crystal plasticity as demonstrated in class.
- Save the parameters.
- Visit the Macroscale page and collect the user material (UMAT) and ABAQUS input file for aluminum in tension (implicit).
- Save these files into a new working directory.
- Alter the ABAQUS input file with the parameters calibrated to the DMG model.
Running the Calculation
- Open permissions on files
- Enter the following software setup command in a terminal:
- Submit the abaqus job either locally or to Raptor using the following command:
abaqus job=NAME_OF_INPUT user=NAME_OF_UMAT
- Do not include the file extension (.inp) in the "NAME_OF_INPUT".